Hotel at 3,500 m altitude
Located amid the Chilean Andes Hotel Chakana lies directly at the gateway to Lauca National Park only a stone's throw away from the ice-covered 6,000 m high peaks of Parinacota and Pomerape and closed to border triagle of Chile, Bolivia and Peru.
Hiking, trekking, excursions in Putre and its Andean Plateau (Altiplano)
Putre is ideal as a starting point for hikes in and around the Lauca National Park. Chakana provides comprehensive information in the form of maps and hiking descriptions. This makes independent hiking possible.
Tours - Excursions
The Hotel la Chakana offers special excursions through the mountains or the hiking routes and national parks, in company of a local guide or guides who speak German, English, French or Italian.
- Hiking at an altitude of 3,500 m
- To travel from Arica to Putre, you can take the bus "Transporte la Paloma", it starts every day at 7:00 am
- Bus Putre - La Paz several times a day
- Best travel time: March - December
- Hot thermae
- Prehispanic petroglyphs
- Landmark mountain Taapaca 5,800 m